At StackVelocity, our employees are our greatest assets. We recognize that it takes passion, dedication and talent to deliver the quality, innovation and service that our customers expect and we take every measure to support your goals for career advancement.
Our culture is one of empowerment, innovation, entrepreneurship and collaboration. We value motivated leadership and entrust our employees to create cutting-edge solutions to help our business – and our customers’ businesses – grow and thrive.
StackVelocity is growing rapidly in the industry, and opportunities abound for the right candidate. We are continuously seeking high-caliber, talented and experienced candidates to join our expanding team. If you have what it takes to make a difference in our challenging and fast-paced environment, send us your resume. We’d love to talk to you.
Sr. Technical Sales Engineer
This position is responsible for engaging with customers and product engineering teams to define requirements and specifications for server and rack solutions. In this role you will provide direction back to the engineering team to define, develop, evaluate and validate new solutions, while serving as the primary technical interface between the customer and multiple groups within StackVelocity. You will also manage technical and engineering deliverables.
You will be expected to have a solid understanding of the current hardware and software trends in both the appliance and cloud based server markets, as well as a solid grasp of general technical direction, and provide experience and expertise with respect to large-scale infrastructure datacenter deployments.
- Demonstrate existing solutions to potential customers as part of a sales effort.
- Understand technical risks affecting customers’ businesses, and translate that understanding into opportunities for our solutions, while demonstrating tangible customer business benefits.
- Engage with customer engineering teams to understand requirements and collaborate on potential solutions.
- Provide technical support for RFP and RFQ responses to customers.
- Develop and deliver solution specifications, evaluations, and proofs of concepts.
- Prepare and deliver technical product and architecture presentations at all levels of customer organizations.
- Develop and maintain the technical relationships with customer engineering teams.
- Manage technical and engineering deliverables for the business.
- Provide hands-on support, escalation and training as necessary.
- Convey customer requirements to the program team, and advocate for the customer during the development of StackVelocity solutions.
- Help to develop ‘best practices’ within StackVelocity engineering.
- Maintain familiarity with vendor and technology roadmaps as well as customer trends throughout the industry.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in sales engineering, technical consulting, or system integration; customer-facing experience a must
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science preferred.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills to communicate with customers, support personnel, and leadership.
- Broad technical knowledge of x86 hardware; networking; storage; operation systems; and applications related to both enterprise and cloud deployments.
- Solid knowledge and experience with large-scale datacenter hardware and architectures, as well as IT infrastructure deployment and operations
- Proficiency with Linux, including system configuration, basic scripting, and out-of-band systems management.
- Understanding of power and cooling at a server and rack level is preferred.
- Experience with network switches and routers is preferred.
- Experience with OpenStack and Hadoop is a plus
- System level validation experience is a plus.
- Some travel may be required.